Product name: Exide Edge FP-AGM24DP Flat Plate AGM Sealed Battery
Cheapest Place to buy: amazon.com
voltage: 12 volts
capacity: 72 AH
Our rating: 9/10
Remember that earlier we reviewed yet another battery from Exide. One of the main difference with this one is that its capacity was 200 Ah and this one is 75 Ah. Exide is a well-known company in the battery industry, so its products are well established and of good quality.
Why choose this battery? I will answer this question right away below.
This Exide battery is a 12 volts dual purpose AGM based marine battery with massive power and fantastic deep cycle capacity with dimensions 10.2 inches by 6.8 inches by 8.6 inches and 50 pounds weight.
This Exide battery is a powerful dual purpose battery. The Exide uses innovative technology and unique materials in manufacturing its batteries, which helps in delivering high-performance level with great protections.
The Exide Edge FP-AGM24DP has been designed to deliver a high edge performance.
Why Exide Edge FP-AGM24DP Flat Plate AGM Sealed Battery?
- This battery has voltage power of 12 volts.
- It has dual purpose features and recommended for both cracking and deep cycling.
- AGM based technology ensures maintenance free operations.
- It can operate even in coldest climatic condition.
- The battery has a capacity of 72 AH and reserve capacity of 140 minutes at 25 amps discharge rate.
- It also incorporates special pressure venting system with an automatic release valve for assuring long battery life.
- Sure life graphite technology enhances the durability of the battery.
- This battery is spill proof as there is no liquid electrolyte due to the dry cell design.
- It can be mounted virtually at any position.
- No distilled water refilling is necessary because of the recombinant technology within the battery.
- It has recessed suitcase handle which allows the user to transport and install the battery with ease.
- This battery is resistant to shocks and vibrations.
- It can take a quick charge.
- This trolling battery does not spill.
- It includes a recombination technology for moisture control.
- It regulates the flow of cell moisture.
- Minimal sulphate formation.
- Low internal resistance.
- Slightly heavy but lighter than regular lead acid batteries;
- Not totally immune to sulphate formation;
- Cost more than standard batteries;
- Brand: Exide
- Model: FP-AGM24DP
- Item Weight: 50 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 10.2 x 6.8 x 8.7 inches
- Origin: USA
- Item model number: FP-AGM24DP
- Manufacturer Part Number: FP-AGM24DP
Though designed for marine use, this battery would work like a charm especially in cold harsh conditions. For off grid, solar energy systems connect several of this Exide battery to form a battery bank with a higher capacity.
The Exide Edge FP-AGM24DP has all the high-quality features that a good battery should have and for dual purpose application, this battery is simply a great choice as it is available at an easily affordable price on amazon.
So, what are your thought on this? Leave a comment below! 🙂
Solar PV technichian and team member on: