Today we take a look on a great 12v lead acid sealed battery from Exide to help you decide on your pick before you buy. Will this one be for you? Let´s figure that out!
Product name: Exide Edge FP-AGM24DP Flat Plate AGM Sealed Battery
Cheapest Place to buy: amazon.com
voltage: 12 volts
capacity: 72 AH
Type:sealed and maintenance lead acid battery
Our rating: 9/10
Remember that earlier we reviewed yet another battery from Exide. One of the main difference with this one is that its capacity was 200 Ah and this one is 75 Ah. Exide is a well-known company in the battery industry, so its products are well established and of good quality.
Why choose this battery? I will answer this question right away below.
This Exide battery is a 12 volts dual purpose AGM based marine battery with massive power and fantastic deep cycle capacity with dimensions 10.2 inches by 6.8 inches by 8.6 inches and 50 pounds weight.
This Exide battery is a powerful dual purpose battery. The Exide uses innovative technology and unique materials in manufacturing its batteries, which helps in delivering high-performance level with great protections.
The Exide Edge FP-AGM24DP has been designed to deliver a high edge performance.
Why Exide Edge FP-AGM24DP Flat Plate AGM Sealed Battery?
- This battery has voltage power of 12 volts.
- It has dual purpose features and recommended for both cracking and deep cycling.
- AGM based technology ensures maintenance free operations.
- It can operate even in coldest climatic condition.
- The battery has a capacity of 72 AH and reserve capacity of 140 minutes at 25 amps discharge rate.
- It also incorporates special pressure venting system with an automatic release valve for assuring long battery life.
- Sure life graphite technology enhances the durability of the battery.
- This battery is spill proof as there is no liquid electrolyte due to the dry cell design.
- It can be mounted virtually at any position.
- No distilled water refilling is necessary because of the recombinant technology within the battery.
- It has recessed suitcase handle which allows the user to transport and install the battery with ease.
- This battery is resistant to shocks and vibrations.
- It can take a quick charge.
- This trolling battery does not spill.
- It includes a recombination technology for moisture control.
- It regulates the flow of cell moisture.
- Minimal sulphate formation.
- Low internal resistance.
- Slightly heavy but lighter than regular lead acid batteries;
- Not totally immune to sulphate formation;
- Cost more than standard batteries;
- Brand: Exide
- Model: FP-AGM24DP
- Item Weight: 50 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 10.2 x 6.8 x 8.7 inches
- Origin: USA
- Item model number: FP-AGM24DP
- Manufacturer Part Number: FP-AGM24DP
Though designed for marine use, this battery would work like a charm especially in cold harsh conditions. For off grid, solar energy systems connect several of this Exide battery to form a battery bank with a higher capacity.
The Exide Edge FP-AGM24DP has all the high-quality features that a good battery should have and for dual purpose application, this battery is simply a great choice as it is available at an easily affordable price on amazon.
So, what are your thought on this? Leave a comment below! 🙂
Solar PV technichian and team member on:
Hi John, Thanks for the review as I am in the progress to purchase Exide battery hence come to your site and read this article.
I have no basic idea on the battery of course even though reading up more.
Here is my question for this Exide battery. What is the different 75 ah and 200 ah that you reviewed in another article?
Is it means the last longer and there is another purpose of the different AH?
AH stands for Ampere hour. Ah is the amount of energy charge stored in a battery that allows the flow of one ampere in one hour.
what about 75 AH? This is the amount of energy charge stored in the battery to allow the flow of 75 Amperes per hour.
What about 200 AH? This is the amount of energy charge stored in the battery to allow the flow of 75 Amperes per hour.
Consider you are using a television set of 20A. with the 75 AH battery, it would only last for 3.5 hours and for 200AH battery the TV set would last for 10hours.
so as you can see, AH describes the capacity of the batteries. The more the AH, the high the capacity and the longer the battery with the high capacity will last.
thank you for visiting our website and I hope my explanation helps you understand the AH