Today we woll review a very good 40A Solar Charge Controller. It is from Solar Epic and is a popular choice for off griders around the world. With that being said, let´s have a closer look on it!
Product: SolarEpic MPPT 40A Solar Charge Controller 150V PV input Tracer 4215BN
Cheapest Place to buy: amazon
Power rating: 40A
Item ASIN number: B00YCI48F4
My ratings: 9 of 10
Solar Epic is a company that is destined to deliver quality to the customers. They have their tagline and slogan as “great solar great future”. They are offering affordable solar products and solar panels accessories. They also offer quality power inverters. Their products can be found in amazon just like this particular solar charge controller.
As we all say there is no solar energy system that can work without a charge controller. Whether it is off grid or it is a grid connected. In off-grid solar systems solar charge controller have various uses;
- They contain diodes in their circuit which blocks the flow back of current to the solar panels
- They also stabilise the amount of current that is flowing into the battery.
- solar charge controllers provide power outlets for dc loads.
For our solar charge controller, SolarEpic MPPT 40A Solar Charge Controller 150V PV input, for us to say it is good, it has all these functions you need. And furthermore, it is an MPPT(Maximum Power Point Tracker) type of solar charge controller.
This means that the solar charge controller tracks the solar panel highest power point and ensure high power transfer to the battery. That way efficiency is ensured.
Why SolarEpic MPPT 40A Solar Charge Controller 150V PV input?
- The Tracer-BN series controller is for the off-grid solar system and control the charging and discharging of the battery.
- The controller features a smart tracking algorithm that maximises the energy from the solar PV module(s) and charges the battery.
- At the same time, the low voltage disconnect function (LVD) will prevent the battery from over-discharging.
- The battery charging process has been optimised for long battery life and improved system performance.
- The comprehensive self-diagnostics and electronic protection functions can prevent damage from installation mistakes or system faults.
- In addition, the Tracer-BN series controller has an RJ45 interface to allow communication with other accessories.
- Nominal system voltage: 12VDC / 24VDC Auto work
- Rated charge current:40A
- Rated discharge current: 20A
- Max. solar input voltage:150VDC
- Max. PV input power:520W(12V battery) 1040W(24V battery)
- Self-consumption*:≤50mA(12V) ≤27mA(24V)
- Dimension:302.5mm x 182.7mm x 63.5mm
- Mounting hole size:Φ4.7
- Power cable:25mm2
- Weight: 2.9kg
The solar charge controller also has a negative Ground and a maximum point of 150V PV input. It also has an advanced maximum power point tracking technology to optimise using the solar system.
It supports 4 charging options: Sealed, Gel, Flooded and User-defined. It integrates various protections such as; over temperature, overcharging, PV and load short, PV (battery) revered, over current protection.
What else would you ask for in a solar charge controller try this out and see what it can offer for your system.
Hope you found this Review on this 40A solar charge controller to be helpful, Always research a Product before you go and buy it. Also, make sure to look through all of our other reviews on controllers as we make new reviews all the time.