Today we will review an awesome AGM deep cycle battery that is very popular among off-griders 🙂 You will get to know if this is a buy for you or not in this review.
Product name: Universal UB121000-45978 12v 100AH Deep Cycle AGM
Cheapest Place to buy: amazon.com
Voltage: 12 volts
Capacity: 100 AH
Type: AGM deep cycle valve regulated lead acid battery
Overall rating: 9.8/10
This is yet another battery that you can use to come up with your solar energy system battery bank. This product is an original make by the universal power group. It is a non-spill-able sealed lead acid battery.
What mostly varies in different batteries is the chemical treatment of the materials used. This highly affects the battery efficiency and the internal resistance of the battery. That’s why you notice that for someone who is a technician he/she would consider all the ratings of the battery before buying it.
Such rating is such as the battery nominal voltage, charging current, capacity, and also the warranty matters a lot to the buyer. In this, we are going to look at yet another battery that proves that it can really perform with solar energy systems.
A valve regulated lead-acid battery is mostly known as sealed lead acid, maintenance free, gel cell battery.due to their special construction the absorbed glass mat and the gel batteries can be mounted from any angle and at any orientation.
Our battery here is said and is indicated that it is a valve-regulated battery. That means our battery can also be installed at any orientating with no spills.
Our battery has the following features:
- It is an Absorbed Glass Mat design. This yields excellent Deep Cycle service and an assured Performance rating, Float Voltage is maintained at 13.6 to 13.8 V
- It can handle less than 3% monthly standing self-discharge,
- Maintenance Free aspect makes it 100% user-friendly
- It is supposed to be charged with a charge Voltage of 14.5 to 14.9 V
- It is valve Regulated and Leak-Proof/Spill Proof
- AGM technology used to design our battery may offer greater reliability in extreme use applications
Brand: Universal Power Group
Item Weight: 60 pounds
Product Dimensions :12.17 x 6.61 x 8.30 inches
Item model number: UB121000
Voltage: 12 volts
Capacity: 100 AH
- clean and dust your battery regularly.
- always ensure the correct charging current for this battery.
- connect the battery not tightly just make a simple connection.
- if possible always monitor your battery to know when you need to recharge or stop charging.
- keep your battery away from high temperatures.
- do not try making a battery bank with a different battery always use identical batteries.
- do not connect loads of more than 12 volts remember its nominal voltage is 12 volts.
- do not disassemble your battery in high temperatures.
- do not place any conductive materials on top of your battery bank.
- do not over discharge your battery(deep discharge).
What I have come to find out is that in solar energy the most common solar energy system is a 12-volt energy system. Most of the household energy systems operate at a nominal voltage of 12 volts.
Most batteries and solar panels also have nominal voltages of 12 volts. So when buying a battery you will have to consider its performance and its voltages both charging and operating voltages.
If you are looking for such a battery that can deliver to all your factors, buy this AGM deep cycle battery for your solar system and thank me later.