Solar energy systems are made stable and fault free by the use of the right solar components. For instance, the digital solar charge controller should be able to charge without failure the provided battery bank of our solar system. For large solar energy systems, you would need to look for a bigger solar charge controller. But for just the common household solar energy system a solar charge controller such as the Y-SOLAR 60A/80A Solar Charge Controller 960W/1920W 12V/24V Panel Battery Charge Controller (80A) could be used.
Product: Y-SOLAR 60A/80A Solar Charge Controller 960W/1920W 12V/24V Panel Battery Charge Controller (80A)
Cheapest Place to buy: amazon.com
Power rating: 80 A/ 60 A
Item model number: 60I
My ratings: 8.7 of 10
Solar charge controllers come and are available in two types, the Maximum Power Point Tracker(MPPT), and the Pulsed width modulation solar charge controllers.
The MPPT are the advanced solar charge controllers normally used in large systems and also average size systems. And the PWM are the normal charge controllers that we have.
Most of them such as the Y-SOLAR 60A/80A Solar Charge Controller 960W/1920W 12V/24V Panel Battery Charge Controller (80A) are intelligent, they include sense and automatically identify the system’s status.
For most of the solar energy of this type do not have many functions. They operate at a simple technology of charging the battery. This particular solar charge controller does this too. In fact, I used it once and it worked like a charm.
This solar charge controller has three pairs of connecting ports.
The connecting ports are solar panels, battery bank, and the load.
The load port is used to connect the DC loads(Direct current).
Generated current by solar panel gets into solar charge controller through the solar panel port and it comes out as an output current to charge the batteries through the battery bank port.
Product Features (The solar charge capabilities)
- The solar charge controller has simple LCD graphic symbols and simple operational buttons
- Intelligent PWM charge mode and automatic identification of battery energy levels.
- Adjustable charge-discharge control parameters,
- Automatic Temperature Compensation.
- Overload, Short Circuit Protection,
- Remote monitoring, and control function (custom)
- Battery reverses discharge protection.
- Battery Low Voltage Disconnection (LVD),
- Battery reverse connection protection,
- Accumulated function of charge and discharge Ampere hours
- It is able to cool by its self because of the fins available at its back side
- Charger Model: 80A
- Charger working voltage: DC current 12V/24V
- Charger working current:80A
- Charger Float charging voltage (settable) :13.8V/27.6V
- Charger Low voltage protection (settable) :10.7V/21.4V
- Charger Low voltage recovery (settable) :12.5V/25.0V
- Charger Loop voltage drop :200mV
- Compensation of Temperature:-4mv//cell
- maximum cable size:3# AWG (25mm2)
- Charging mode: Pulsed Width Modulation mode
1. 1piece 80a solar controller
2. 1piece temperature sensor
3. 1piece user manual
I recommend this solar charge controller for starters. The reason is because they are very simple to handle and install. As we have said above this digital solar charge controller contains symbols LCD graphics and simple operational buttons.
This means even if you are not able to interpret the readings you can easily tell what they say by the look of the graphic symbols. The best part of it is that it also goes for a fair price, $62.
It very easy to mount and install too. I would recommend it anytime for a start.