Today we make a Review on the ECO-WORTHY 20A Solar Charge Controller and we will discover why this particular one is an awesome controller and a great buy. Ok, with that being said, let´s go!
Product: ECO-WORTHY 20A 12V/24V MPPT Solar Charge Controller.
Cheapest Place to buy: amazon.com
Power rating: 20 A
Item model number: L02MPPT20A-1
Our rating: 9.5/10
Eco Worthy is a solar company that its aim is to produce power to the consumers at household levels. This company manufactures solar energy products of all kinds starting from solar panels to solar charge controllers.
If you flip through the solar panel’s reviews you will see that I reviewed a solar panel that is manufactured by this same company. This company is definitely not a juvenile in renewable energy, it is a highly experienced one.
Maximum Power Point Tracking solar charge controllers (MPPT) are different than the traditional PWM solar charge controllers in that they are more efficient and in many cases more feature rich.
MPPT solar charge controllers allow your solar panels to operate at their optimum power output voltage, improving their performance by as much as 30%. Traditional solar charge controllers reduce the efficiency of one part of your system in order to make it work with Another.
This solar charge controller is designed for 20 Amperes solar panel output. It monitors the solar panels fo maximum power point and makes sure it transfers it to the battery banks.
Why this solar charge controller from eco-worthy?
- High-speed MPPT High technology:MPPT with LCD display, efficiency > 99%, Employs a DC converting circuit,conversion efficiency > 96%
- More selections for your need: Five output modes: Manual, Standard, Timer, Light sensor, Light sensor on + Timer off.
- Advanced electronic protection: Over charge, over discharge, overload and short circuit protection
- Tiny self-consumption (<15mA @12V / <25mA @24V)
- 3-stage charging algorithm, impulse, bulk and float
- Power meter function: LCD display shows the battery voltage, charging current, charging power, output status
- Built in timer, suitable for a periodic discharge system such as solar street lights, solar pumps etc
- Fully Aluminium housing incorporating a large heat sink.
The following is all the single details about our reviewed solar charge controller.
- Rated system voltage: 12V/24V DC
- Max open circuit voltage of solar panel: 15A 42V DC
- Max solar panel power: 250W 12V / 500W 24V
- Max output current: 20A
- Max discharge current: 20A
- Over discharge voltage: 10.2-12.5V (¡À0.2) 12V / 20.4-25.0V (0.2) 24V
- Restart voltage: 10.3-13.5V (0.2) 12V / 20.5-27.0V (0.2) 24V
- Constant voltage / Over charge voltage 13.0-15.5V (0.2) 12V / 26.0-31.0V 0.2) 24V
- Float voltage: 12.5-14.5V (0.2) 12V / 25.0-29.0V (60.2) 24V
- Converter efficiency: 96%
- Max increase efficiency: 43%
- Charging algorithm: PWM 3 stage
- Size: 5.5 x 5.8 x 1.6in(140 x 147 x 42mm
With this ECO-WORTHY solar charge controller, there are not much losses because the self consumption of the solar charge controller is less.
Due to it MPPT function the solar controller ensures battery charging is done efficiently and protect it too from discharge and over discharge.
I would recommend this at any given time.
Hope you found this refiew to be helpful.
As always don´t forget that our site can help you go off grid on whatever budget you are on.