Today we will make a review on the morningstar solar charge controller ts 60. All we do and deal with is the off-grid solar system on this site. We have created quite a number of solar budgets and now we ought to do the reviews of the solar components used in our budgets.
LET’S GET DOWN ON IT!!!
Cheapest Place to buy: amazon.com
Power rating: 40 A
Item model number: TS-MPPT-60
Our rating: 9.5/10
Basic solar systems have four main components as we say in our guide on How To Build Your Own Solar Energy System. Solar charge controller is one of them.
Solar charge controller plays a very major role in solar systems such that if it is not available or it is not working, the whole system is doomed. In one of our budgets, $10,000 budget, we have used a solar charge controller. Am going to review my experience with it and show you why we used it and none other.
Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT TS-60 solar charge controller is a power point tracker made for off-grid solar photovoltaic systems of up to 3 kW. The MPPT-TS-60 feature a very high efficiency of 99 percent and the losses are very insignificant than that for other solar charge controllers.
The particular solar charge controller also features a remote temperature sensor. Our component feature smart trackers of the maximum peak of our solar array and this way it maximizes our solar energy harvest at any given time.
You can see that it has mostly great reviews on Amazon
If you want to see the full text and more reviews of it you can do that further down on this page.
Unlike other solar charge controllers, this particular one has an Ethernet port for a web-enabled interface. This solar charge controllers allow you to log up to 200 days data of your system’s operation through a solar charge controller.
- Maximum Current – 60 amps.
- Nominal Voltages – 12 24 36 or 48 volts DC.
- Dimension – 11.4 x 5.1 x 5.6 in.
- Item weight – 11lbs.
- Gives maximum harnessing of energy
- It has better maximum point tracking capabilities than other solar trackers
- It has rapid sweeps of current- voltage curves
- Has recognition of peak power even with shading and different solar panels
- It uses robust thermal design(no fan) hence increasing durability
- Its circuit is in parallel hence decreases stress in the electronics
- It has no chemical relay
- It has solar PV short circuit protection
- It has a very high efficiency
- It consumes low hence reducing the losses of the generated energy
- this particular charger is available in a range of voltages
In the system, the solar charge controller does not exhibit any type of disadvantage as long as it is used correctly. the only disadvantages that may occur is that:
- due to the robust thermal design, it tends to be a bit heavy
- it is also big in size
- it is also bit expensive but it’s very worthy of the system
This morningstar solar charge controller ts 60 product works perfectly and it integrates with the other solar components just well. I have used morning star solar charge controller before and it was a hell of an experience.
With the Ethernet web-enabled interface one could monitor my system’s status remotely.
This such as temperature, battery actual voltage and charging current would be recorded as said for 200 days. I expect that if you follow our guide on How To Build Your Own Solar Energy System you will be able to build up your $10,000 solar system just fine using the Morningstar TS-MPPT-60 Tristar Mppt 60 Amp