Today we take a look at a sealed rechargeable lead acid battery that might be something for you, as always we only review the best of the best on this site so this review will be interesting for you. Ok, let´s go!
Product name: Powersonic PS-121000U 12 Volt, 100 AH Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery
Cheapest Place to buy: amazon.com
Voltage: 12 volts
Capacity: 100 AH
Type: AGM deep cycle valve regulated lead acid battery
Overall rating: 9 out of 10
Power-sonic is a battery company located in San Diego Califonia. They have maintained distribution warehouses at strategic locations all over the USA. Power-Sonic Corporation has 46 years experience in the battery manufacturing industry.
From their inception in 1970, Their corporate aim has been to design, manufacture, and market the rechargeable batteries.
Their batteries are now being used in locomotives and mostly now than ever in solar energy systems.
This battery review is on one of their battery, Powersonic PS-121000U 12 Volt, 100 AH Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery.
When we talk about valve regulated lead acid battery, We are also taking about sealed lead acid battery.
Power-Sonic offers the most reliable sealed lead acid batteries on the market, powering a wide variety of devices. Those most commonly used applications vary from industrial equipment, emergency lighting, alarm systems, to wheelchairs, scooters and medical equipment.
These economical batteries are maintenance free, easy to handle and valve regulated, which prevents it from overheating.
The body of the battery is constructed from highly impact-resistant ABS Plastic, which can take a beating while keeping the precious contents safe from harm.
Equipped with Absorbent Glass Mat technology, these batteries are able to store and disperse energy with incredible efficiency.
Why Powersonic PS-121000U 12 Volt, 100 AH Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery?
The battery is so superior and efficient. The technology used to manufacture it is modern and caters for all the user needs. It gets the character from the following features
- Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) technology for superior performance
- Valve regulated, spill proof construction allows safe operation in any position
- Power/volume ratio yielding unrivalled energy density
- Rugged ABS plastic case and cover (UL94-HB)
- Integrated ABS carrying handles for ease of movement
- Approved for transport by air
- Terminal Type: U
- Nominal Voltage: 12 volts (6 cells)
- Nominal Capacity: 20-hr. (5.0A to 10.5 volts) @ 100 AH
- Internal Resistance: 5 milliohms
- Max Discharge Current (7 min): 300 amperes
- Max Short-Duration Discharge Current (10 sec): 750 amperes
- Dimensions: Length: 12″x Width: 6.6″x Height: 8.98″
- Weight: 68 lbs (30.8kg)
Good to note
- This battery can withstand harsh conditions due to materials used in making it, so no need to worry when shifting to off grid
- Several of this same battery can be connected together in series or parallel to come up with a high capacity battery bank.
- The battery voltage is 12 volts, so be sure not to connect a different voltage inverter
Power-sonic minds about aesthetics of the battery. The battery is made of good looking ABS plastics. On top is colour blue and the rest is white in colour. This gives you visibility of any spilling on top of the battery.
The battery can also be used in backup systems. This good looking battery is very good quality service to the solar system.