Ever heard of an intelligent solar charge controller? Solar charge controllers which can sense thing and change automatically for its own good and for the solar system. The following 80 amp module is one of the solar change controllers in the market with such capability- intelligence.
Product name: Outback Flexmax 80 FM80 MPPT 80 AMP Solar Charge Controller
Cheapest Place to buy: amazon.com
Power rating: 80 A
Item model number: FlexMax80
My ratings: 9.7 of 10
The FLEXmax 80 is the latest of Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) solar charge controllers. Here the MPPT algorithm is both continuous and active, increasing your energy yield by up to 30%. Thanks to further enhanced cooling, the FLEXmax 80 can operate at its full 80 amp maximum current rating in ambient temperatures.
Included in the solar charge controller are all of the features that would highly increase your system efficiencies, such as support for a wide range of nominal battery voltages and the ability to step-down a high voltage solar array to recharge a low voltage battery.
A built-in backlit display shows status information at the touch of a button.
Enhanced network communications allow the solar charge controller to be remotely programmed via the optional MATE system display and controller.
This is the best charge controller money can buy. So intelligent and efficient! It automatically detects the system battery voltage. It has fan that always operates when needed. This controller can never overcharge your batteries.
It even regulates the charge rate by calculating the condition of the battery and the load.
You can optimise the output of your solar panels on a not so sunny day by hooking them up in series to have a voltage higher than your system voltage. This smart charge controller then converts the excess voltage to charging current.
Why Outback Flexmax 80 FM80 MPPT 80 AMP Solar Charge Controller?
- Increases PV Array Output by up to 30%
- Advanced Continuous Maximum Power Point Tracking Algorithm
- Full Output Capacity in Ambient Temperatures up to 104°F (40°C)
- Battery Voltages from 12 VDC to 60 VDC
- Automatic Battery Voltage Detection at Start Up
- Fully OutBack Network Integrated and Programmable
- Programmable Auxiliary Control Output
- Negative or Positive Ground System Capable
- Built-in 128 days of Data Logging
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.3 × 5.6 × 4 inches
- Weight: 14 lbs
- Easy to use and understand LCD display
- Rated to 80 A DC output current
- Fully adjustable control set points
- Allows use with virtually any battery type
- An optional Mate can be added to allow monitoring and control from up to 300 feet away
- Five-year warranty
This 80 amp Solar Charge Controller acts like a charm. It is the best solar charge controller if you can afford it. Everything it does it does it for the best of the other solar components of the solar energy systems.
Hope you found this review to be helpful?
If I were you I would invest in this solar charge controller more so if my solar energy system exceeds 5000watts.
Good luck with this charm!